We're putting our money
where our mouth is
We believe business is so much more than a way to make money. It is a way to change lives and communities. Join us in the Rebel Pledge and we'll make it worth your while.
Ok, so what is the Rebel Pledge?
We will give a discount up to 25% to any web app or website customer who agrees to volunteer in their community on company time for an afternoon.
Is it really that simple?
Yeah, pretty much. We only ask that you post pictures or stories of your time volunteering on LinkedIn with the hashtag #rebelpledge and give us a couple simple stats so we can keep track of the impact that is being made.
Why are you doing this?
Because we believe that a business can be a force of change. That belief has brought us to a goal; to launch a volunteering movement by influencing 1,000 businesses to impact their community. We all know that a business exists to make money but with creativity and intentionality we can do so much more.
Still have questions?
Here is a list of commonly asked questions. If you still can't find what you are looking for, send us a message.
- Can it be just one person in our company that volunteers or do we all have to?
- This can be up for negotiation but we hope that you can understand the heart behind our pledge. We want to start a movement and inspiring others to make an impact is how we'll do it.
- Do we specifically have to volunteer for an afternoon?
- No. It doesn't make much difference specifically when you volunteer, but our goal is to have people volunteering for 4 hours and on company time.
- Do we have to volunteer on company time?
- Yes. The reason is that we want to change mindsets about business. We want to lead a shift in priorities. Instead of the business and it's bottom line being the ultimate factor in decisions, we believe people should be the primary motivation behind business decisions. We believe this will produce meaningful changes inside and outside of businesses that embrace it.
- Why do you want us to post on social media?
- Several reasons. First, because we want to celebrate the impact with you! Second, it helps to build momentum by showing others that these things are actually happening and they can join in. Finally, from a practical perspective, this is an easy way to verify that commitments are being fulfilled.
- What "simple stats" are you tracking and why?
- We would like you to tell us how many people volunteered with you, how long you volunteered, which organization you partnered with (if any), and a rough estimate of how many people were directly impacted by your volunteering time. We are analytical people who love to see numbers. It gives us another thing to celebrate!